Search

Thursday 24 November 2011

Is Sikander Kher a Muslim?

 Sikander Kher

Actor Sikander Kher didn't have a dream start in Bollywood like other star kids, but the son of old-timer actors Anupam and Kirron Kher has no complaints. He tells he is always open to criticism and constantly tries to develop himself.

'I have never really thought about praise or criticism. I just believe in working. However, I am definitely open to criticism as it gives you the scope to improve upon yourself,' Sikander said.

'You have to continue to improve yourself always. I know criticism is a part and parcel of our job and it doesn't affect me,' he included.

Sikander has been interested in acting since childhood. As a kid, he used to enact fictitious scenes created by his father, Anupam.

But his break on the big screen came in 2008 with Hansal Mehta's 'Woodstock Villa'. The film failed to rake in moolah at the box-office, but his acting was appreciated.

'I have had a slow start, but I am happy with the kind of work I have done so far. I have no complaints. It has been a learning experience every day,' told the 31-year-old.

'All the people that I have worked with have been very good and very kind to me. I feared failure, but gradually I learnt to deal with it. With failure comes success, and you earn respect. I'm hoping happier things will happen to me soon,' he included.

Sikander was later seen in intense characters in movies like 'Summer 2007', 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey' and most recently, in 'Game', and he admits he likes such roles.

'I am not looking forward to doing any particular kind of role, but I like to do intense roles as I am good at it. I would also love to do some comedy,' he told.

'It is important for me to be convinced about the script of any film that I choose to do. So I take my own time to decide...many a time projects don't work out. So, I really wouldn't mind doing little, but I'd like doing good stuff,' he included.

He is now gearing up for the release of his new film 'Players', the official Hindi remake of Hollywood film 'The Italian Job'.

Directed by Abbas-Mustan the action thriller also features his best buddy, Abhishek Bachchan, apart from actors Sonam Kapoor, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Bobby Deol and Bipasha Basu.

Sikander is tight-lipped about his role but doesn't mind talking about his experience.

'I can't reveal much about my role. I can only say that I am playing a Muslim in the film. It's been a wonderful time working with the director duo. They are so good at what they do and are fantastic storytellers. I got to learn so much from them,' told Sikander.

'The entire cast has also so much fun to work with. Abhishek has been a buddy, I didn't know much about Omi Vaidya and Bipasha, but after working together, we are now good friends. I have able to visit some beautiful places in New Zealand. It has been great fun,' he included.

'Players' will release Jan 6, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment