Search

Thursday 19 January 2012

Sheena Chohan is thrilled about movie on Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore!

Sheena Chohan in a film scene

Sheena Chohan with Director
Actress Sheena Chohan, who has bagged a role in two of Buddhadeb Dasgupta's short movies -- "Mukti" and "Patralekha" based on noted Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore's works -- says she is fortunate to be a part of the project.
The movies are among the 13 short films Dasgupta is making and all of them are inspired by Tagore's works.
"This particular project is very close to my heart and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it. I have always been a great admirer of Rabindranath Tagore's poetry and through this short series I will get a chance to showcase some of his best works," told Sheena.
"I am immensely grateful to Buddhadeb sir for believing in me and giving me an opportunity to work with a director of his stature. It has been a great learning experience for me and it has helped me grow tremendously as an actor," she included.
Sheena, a model-turned-actress, who is a trained contemporary dancer, made her debut with Malayalam film "The Train" opposite Mammootty.
The work on the short films is already underway. Sheena says during one particular intense scene, she was very nervous and thought she wouldn't get it right. But her director's constant support and guidance helped her to carry it out with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment