Search

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Lots of directors are not interested in casting me: Ranvir Shorey

Ranvir Shorey
Having grown with them, he appreciates small budget movies. But Ranvir Shorey, known for his role in "Pyaar Ke Side Effects" and "Khosla Ka Ghosla", says he is not satisfied with the work he has done so far.
"I don't think I got great options or got a chance to do good work," Ranvir said.
"Lots of directors with whom I want to work with are not interested in casting me. Maybe they did not like something in my attitude. But I have been very fortunate to have worked with directors like Anant Mahadevan, Saurabh Shukla, Rajat Kapoor and many others," he further added.
The 39-year old, who made his debut with "Ek Chotisi Love Story" in 2002, supports small budget films and gives the credit of his status to them.
"I support the trend of small budget films. I think it is worth appreciation that how a film made with less money overshadows big budget multi-starrer film.
"And it is because of these small budgets films that people know me. My career has grown in small budget films. I like being an underdog rather than being a star son," he told.
Ranvir has often shared screen space with actor Vinay Pathak. He considers himself blessed to have a friend like him.
"My association with Vinay goes 15 years back and I am still counting. We have been friends, colleagues and partners for 15 years. We let our work speak for ourselves. We don't want to put an expiry date to our work and association," he further added.
Ranvir will be seen in supporting role in Salman Khan starrer "Ek Tha Tiger". He will also be seen in "Gaur Hari Dastaan" that has Konkona in the cast and has a lead opposite Urvashi Sharma in "On The Ramp".
The actor's forthcoming movie "Life Ki Toh Lag Gayi" releases April 20. Directed by Rakesh Mehta, it also stars Pradhuman Singh, Kay Kay Menon, Manu Rishi and Neha Bhasin.
He is happily wedded to actress Konkona Sen and loves spending time with his son Haroon who recently turned one.
"I am enjoying every minute of being a father. Whatever little time I get away from work, I spend with Haroon. I don't leave any opportunity to be with my son. We play together, dance together and eat together. We do every thing together," he told.

No comments:

Post a Comment