Search

Sunday 24 June 2012

Playing Nehru is challenging for Dalip Tahil in Bhag Milkha Bhag!

After playing a variety of character roles in Bollywood masala movies, Dalip Tahil will be seen as Jawaharlal Nehru in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's "Bhag Milkha Bhag". He tells the role was a challenge as people have a reference point for that character.
"It's a big challenge for me. I am very excited that I am playing the role of India's first prime minister. It's a very significant character in Milkha's life. He is motivating, promoting and giving him a platform to lead India in various sports events," Dalip said.
He said he saw documentary footages and read books on Nehru to prepare for the role.
"We have got the look right. Pandit Nehru is an important character in the history of India, so it was important to play him right. When you have to play a living character or a person who is dead, people have a reference to that character. So, there is an obligation, responsibility to reflect him right," he further added.
The whole experience of working in "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" has been "fantastic" for Dalip and he told, "Rakeysh is a pleasure to work with. The whole production team has been so professional and painstaking about Nehru's way of dressing, the tilt of the cap, his makeup and all. I am very impressed."
A known face in Bollywood as well as television, Dalip played key roles in "Darr", "Baazigar", "Ishq" and "Ra.One".
He follows his gut feeling while selecting a role.
"I don't have an extremely profound theory for selecting roles. I usually go by my gut feeling. When the story is being narrated to me, the character is being described and I feel I can bring something to the character, I do it. I want to do characters which move the story. I don't go by anything else."

No comments:

Post a Comment