Search

Thursday 23 August 2012

Kareena and Priyanka are senior to me: Katrina Kaif

Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra

Katrina Kaif is always being referred as the hit queen of bollywood has proved everybody right once again with her influential act in ‘Ek Tha Tiger’. Her previous back to back hit already got her into the ‘A’ list category but with ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ smashing all records at the box office her fame has spread even more and has got everybody talking about her again.

When asked Katrina how she felt with the success of the movie she answered honestly, “The business of the industry interests me. Being here for almost nine years now it’s nice to know the difference between what we in the industry term as ‘credible cinema’ and what the audience actually likes. I find it quite interesting to keep a tab on it because it gives you the factual thing. To a certain extent I am fairly aware.”

She talks about the 100 crore club as well, “I feel for all these male superstars it’s wonderful, it’s great. I am happy to see the business of cinema flourishing, films minting money. Yes, hits are important but somewhere your work has to be liked also. Otherwise it won’t work after reaching a certain point. When you grow and reach higher levels it’s very important that your work gets appreciated.”

When asked whether she would like to do more female oriented roles, she told, ”In future if someone comes with a script which are female-dominated and I think it’s really good I’ll do it. Having said that, there are very few such scripts which are actually made. I think everyone has their own career path. Some people can do a particular kind of film while some can’t pull it off or may not want to do.”

When she was said that her contemporaries like Kareena, Priyanka, Vidya have done female oriented roles and have been recognized even more, she told , ”They are all way ahead of me. Kareena and Priyanka are senior to me. Kareena’s first film came quite a few years before I stepped in the industry. So she is at a different position in the industry and a different place in life today. So it is working for her for the place she is in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment