Search

Thursday 30 August 2012

Soha Ali Khan will teach "What Not To Wear"!

Soha Ali Khan, Aki Narula



Soha Ali Khan, Aki Narula
Actress Soha Ali Khan finds all kinds of reality shows on the small screen very interesting and tells it is particularly entertaining to watch people be themselves in front of the camera.
"I've seen a lot of reality shows and even if any show is a low quality show, there is something very addictive about watching someone being themselves on screen and you end up watching it for sometime. So, there is a human interest in it (reality shows)," Soha said.
The 33-year-old has turned host for TLC's fashion-based show "What Not To Wear" in which she will share the platform with stylist Aki Narula. Her first stint on TV was as the anchor of Star Plus' "Godrej Khelo Jeeto Jiyo" in 2010.
"What Not To Wear" is a global format, already popular in the US and Britain.
It will be a 13-part series which will focus at changing the wardrobe of 13 women across the country, telling them the do's and don'ts of their personal fashion statement.
Asked about her personal style statement, Soha told, "I think its beyond definition. It's been quite fluid. I wear what I feel like wearing but in the recent past it is more changed and I have made a recent effort and thought about what I want to wear in a particular function."
Soha, who was here for the show's launch Thursday, tells she has to especially take care of her dresses as she is a celebrity.
"Now I am in the limelight and people take pictures of what I wear and analyse it in great detail. So you (I) don't have much option, but to become fashion conscious. Even though by nature I am not fashion conscious, I had to become one," she further added.
Sister of actor Saif Ali Khan and daughter of veteran actress Sharmila Tagore, Soha tells she would never dare to give her brother styling tips or defy her mother's advice.
"I would never do that (tell Saif what not to wear). He already comes with so many ideas and he is really glued into style and specific details about collars and buttons.
"And I have no choice but to take tips from her (Sharmila Tagore). I go through her choice and pick and choose what is digestible to me. Things that I don't agree with, I just don't do it," she told.
"What Not To Wear" goes on air Sep 3.
On the movie front, Soha will soon be seen in "Sahib Biwi And Gangster 2" and "Chaar Phutiya Chokhre".

No comments:

Post a Comment