Search

Wednesday 10 October 2012

A big family party planned for Big B’s 70th B’day!


Amitabh Bachchan, who turns 70 on October 11, says that he doesn’t need any gifts, as he has already got the biggest gift in the world, his family. The greatest star of bollywood also thanked his late parents, the famous poet Harivanshrai Bachchan and his wife Teji.
In a fresh interview at his office, Amitabh Bachchan told, “I look forward to spending time with my family. All the gifts and presents that I needed have already come my way – the blessings of my parents, which I consider the largest gift and their presence in my life through all the upbringing that they gave me.”
The angry young man of the 70s further added, “My family – my wife Jaya and the two wonderful gifts that she gave me – (son) Abhishek and (daughter) Shweta and now the bahu (daughter-in-law) in the house, Aishwarya, and the little (granddaughter) Aaradhya… so these are my wonderful gifts and no one can replace them.”
Amitabh Bachchan, is the biggest star in the film indutry, no wonder his 70th birthday is the talk of the town. If he had an option, he would just like some quality time with his family on his birthday. But his family has something else in store for him. Reportedly, a huge dinner party will be thrown on Oct 10th, followed by an art show, poster exhibition and book launch on the big day.
“My family this time round wants to have celebration on my birthday. I have heard that it might be celebrated on Oct 10 at night. I absolutely don’t have any idea about it and nobody is ready to disclose anything about it (to me),” he told.
Even though he wants to keep it simple, he doesn’t want to spoil the plans his close ones have in mind.
“I just run away from this day. Whenever my birthday comes closer, I inform my family members not to do anything special because I don’t like it. A small and peaceful family time is more than enough for me.  But many a time, one also has to think about one’s wife; so this time round she (Jaya) has thought that there should be some celebration. So she is only doing everything, I have not been informed about any preparations. All I know is something is cooking,” further added the 69-year-old, who came to be known as Bollywood’s angry young man in the 1970s.
Amitabh tells, as a child everyone has a reason to look forward to their birthday.
“When you are a kid, you enjoy birthdays not because of anything else but because you are going to get presents and gifts. You look forward to the time what your parents are going to give you.  But as you grow older the whole concept of maturity keeps in. When I entered films, other people were more interested in celebrating my birthday than I was. I still feel it’s another year gone by. “I don’t see why there should be so much fuss, but sometimes you have to go with what friends, well-wishers and family wish to do for you and you comply with that.”, added Big B.

No comments:

Post a Comment