Search

Monday 22 October 2012

Prithviraj wants to direct Bollywood films!


After making a success of it in the Malayalam movie industry as an actor, Prithviraj Sukumaran now wants to make it big in Bollywood and says that he is thinking about going behind the camera to direct a movie.
"Direction is unquestionably on cards right now. But I don't want to produce anything in Bollywood because I don't know the industry at all. I understand that it works differently for an independent producer here as for a wide release, you need to be backed by a studio and all that," Prithviraj said.
"Direction was something I almost did couple of years back in Malayalam, but then I signed 'Ravan' that was postponed. I had a lot of pressure on me at that time... Hopefully, it (direction) will happen sometime soon. I would like it to happen," added the actor who debuted in Bollywood with "Aiyyaa".
He admits he is looking for a pad here, but has no plans to say goodbye to Malayalam movies.
"Yes, I am going to buy a property in Mumbai... not that I will completely shift here because Malayalam cinema has made me what I am today and my family is there (Kerala)... I will always do movies in Malayalam," he told adding that age is on his side, so he is free to experiment.
"Fortunately... I am only 30 and I have already made a career where I can afford to sit back and do one film a year. And that means I have enough time in hand to invest in Mumbai. I am hoping to get a place in Mumbai by the end of the year," he further added.
Wedded to Supriya Menon, a BBC reporter who is originally from Mumbai, Prithviraj tells his wife loves the city.
"She (Supriya) would love to shift here. She is just like me - in love with the city and also she never lived in Kerala... it was a stop gap for her," told the actor who has full support from his wife to try his luck in Bollywood.
Talking about his strength, he told, "Only passion can keep you going. First time when you sign an autograph, it gives you a big kick... and even when you sign your 10,000th autograph, you feel good...."
"Everything that I need to support my lifestyle, I am getting that kind of money. There is nothing that I can do with more money. Ya, if I get more money, I will buy some property but having an estate in Mahabaleshwar is not going to do anything to your quality of life. All these things don't matter... what keeps you going most is only passion."

No comments:

Post a Comment