Search

Thursday 29 November 2012

I keep gazing into Aamir’s eyes until he asks me not to: Rani Mukherjee


When Rani Mukherjee started her career, she had a huge crush on Aamir Khan. But then, she was a starter and she didn’t have the guts to look into Aamir’s eyes. And now after 14 years, they have come together for their third movie Talaash, and this time around Rani keeps gazing into his eyes until he asks her not to.
In 1998, both Aamir Khan and Rani came together for their first movie together Ghulam, The movie was a block buster at the Box Office. By the time Ghulam released, Aamir was already a superstar with movies like Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak and Dil to his credit while Rani was a newcomer.
Recalling a few incidents on the sets of Ghulam, Rani told, “When I did my first film with him, I used to look at his shoes as I used to be all tensed and nervous. I was a huge Aamir Khan fan. I had a crush on him. When I had seen QSQT (‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’), I was in school.”
“I was very nervous while doing a romantic scene with him. I would look at his shoes because I couldn’t look into his eyes because I feared I would fall in love with him,” she further added.
“Now I look into his eyes. I keep gazing into his eyes until he asks me not to,” added the 34 year old actress.
Aamir and Rani share a good relationship off screen and she wishes that it lasts forever.
She told, “Over the years, Aamir and I have built a friendship which, I would like to believe, is for life. I would like to believe that I will be attending his 80th birthday also.”
Rani wouldn’t stop admiring Aamir Khan.
“He was a superstar when I did my first film with him and he is a much bigger superstar even now. His focus, dedication and sincerity towards his craft, his approach towards filmmaking, performance and character, has become greater and bigger with time,” she told.
Talaash is a crime thriller directed by Reema Kagti and also stars Kareena Kapoor. It’s set to release in theatres Nov 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment