Search

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Now the next Bollywood queen is Huma Qureshi?




Huma Qureshi has been on cloud 9 ever since she made her debut in Anusrag Kashyap’s Gangs Of Wasseypur. The actress was only just seen in Love Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana, for which the critics couldn’t stop praising her act. Lately in an interview Huma spoke about how her career started and what kind of movies she wants to do.
She spoke about how she got to work for Gangs Of Wasseypur. Huma told, “I worked in the first television commercial directed by Anurag (Kashyap) and he liked my work. He said me that he would cast me in a movie, but I couldn’t believe that. It took a long time for the fact to sink in that I would be working with the man who made Black Friday.”
She also told that even though her roles in GOW and LSTCK were not alluring, they were very different.
Huma told, “They may not be glamorous roles, but they are so different from each other. Mohseena (GOW) and Harman (LSTCK) are completely opposite. While Mohseena was a gawaar (yokel), Harman was a doctor. Both had different personalities, Mohseena was fully dedicated to Faizal (Nawazuddin Siddiqui), but Harman had a life of her own. I am at the stage in my career where I am glad and grateful that these roles came my way. As an actor I want to explore all kinds of characters.”
When she was asked about what kind of movies she would like to work in and if she was game for doing item numbers, she told, “It is the script that makes or breaks a film. If the script is good, the film eventually turns out well. And item numbers are just a passing fad, just like Rs 100 crore films. I would like to be a part of films that stand the test of time.”
Speaking about her next movie, Huma Qureshi said that she was blessed to be working with Vishal Bhardwaj. The actress told, “Yes, I do consider myself lucky. I think there are so many people who are better looking, skinny and talented than I am. I don’t know what the recipe or the X Factor in my case is, but if I really had to break it down, what sets me apart is that I try and be real. I don’t try and be poised and be somebody else. Probably that’s what makes one interesting as a person. I feel blessed to be working with Anurag (Kashyap) and Vishal ji (Bhardwaj).”
Huma will next be seen in Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Ek Thi Daayan’.

No comments:

Post a Comment