Search

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Big B puzzled over late Pandit Ravi Shankar’s phone call!


Just a week before the music maestro, Pandit Ravi Shankar’s death, Amitabh Bachchan received the first ever and of course the last phone call from him. Big B was left bewildered after the call.

Mentioning the happening on his blog srbachchan.com, He posted, “A strange feeling crawls within me. Just last week his wife Sukanyaji had sent a message to me on my mobile, while I transited from Marrakech, Morocco to Florence in Italy. It was the first time ever that I had received a message from her.”

“She had requested a time when she could call back as Ravi Shankarji had wanted to talk to me. He was keeping unwell she had said and was to undergo a surgery on Thursday.

“Due to the time difference, I was unable to connect with her immediately and it was only the next day when I called back that she spoke most endearingly and put me on to the great maestro! I was speaking to Pandit Ravi Shankar for the very first time ever on the phone,” he tweeted.

The 70-year-actor tells, there was a lot of warmth in Ravi Shankar’s voice, while he spoke to Amitabh Bachchan. The late music maestro also appreciated Big B’s work.

“We knew each other, there were strong and long family relationships, a few casual meetings, but nothing more. Why was he wanting to speak to me now? I was puzzled. But he came on the line, spoke with great warmth, on seeing me on the television often, of my films and my fans in the house, informed me that he was going in for a surgery – I had wished him well and after the phone call was over, sat for long, wondering how what had transpired had actually happened,” he added.

Amitabh Bachchan added, “An entire life, an era, a most incredible period in the history of classical music in India has come to an end”.

Pandit Ravi Shankar, aged 92, passed away on Tuesday in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment