Search

Tuesday 4 December 2012

I am not cheap man: Shahrukh Khan


Shahrukh Khan doesn’t feel that 100 crores is a big deal. The actor’s newest movie Jab Tak Hai Jaan has already raked in 100 crores and is still going strong at the Box Office, but Shahrukh doesn’t actually seem to be interested.

Shahrukh Khan told, “It’s just a new yardstick. Earlier, it was either a silver jubilee or 100 days… Now, people have a yardstick even for trailers! They will keep changing and there will be a new benchmark every few years. I think every movie will now make Rs 100 crore but each movie will still have its own uniqueness.”

But, the success of his last movie didn’t come simply, Yash Chopra, the producer of the film passed away and then Ajay Devgn, whose movie released the same day as JTHJ and created a problem for the producers of JTHJ, which could also cause a problem between the relationship SRK and Kajol share.
Shahrukh told, “Ajay might be having some righteous things in his mind about the way distribution should be done. Jab Tak Hai Jaan is not my film although I have a part of it. I have a beautiful relationship with Kajol and I have met Ajay a few times. After Yashji’s (Chopra) death we were all in a different zone and I did not want to remain in this space.”

But all’s well in his kingdom so far. The man takes his much-touted competition with various actors with a pinch of salt.

“I know people say that I am manipulative, detached; business minded, etc, but I am not cheap. Meri toh jab picture aati hai ek nayi rivalry shuru ho jati hai. This year there was no one, so it’s Ajay. Earlier it was Akshay and things like Khiladi versus King. Mein toh sab se pyaar se milta hoon,” further added Shahrukh Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment