Search

Monday 17 December 2012

I don’t like kissing: Aishwarya Rai


While talking to Sir David Frost in an interview, Aishwarya Rai disclosed that she is very uncomfortable kissing on screen. In her whole filmy career, Ash shared an intimate kiss just once, with Hrithik Roshan in Dhoom, in the year 2006. This had caused chaos among her fans in India. She even got legal threats for it.

The actress tells, “I did it (kiss) once prominently in the movie Dhoom and it was so topical, and you’ll be surprised, I mean I actually got a couple of notices, legal notices, from some people in the country turning around and saying “You are iconic, you’re an example to our girls you have led your life in such an exemplary manner, they’re not comfortable with you doing this on screen so why did you?”

Aishwarya was clueless as to why she received such a bad reaction from public, over a kiss.

The actress further adds, “And I was like wow, I’m just an actor, doing my job, and here I am being asked to offer an explanation for a couple of seconds in a two, three hour piece of cinema.”

Aishwarya also disclosed that she was pretty much aware that her audience would not be very happy with her kissing on-screen. Yet, she signed the film.

In a tete-a-tete with David Frost, Aishwarya Rai also opened up about why she rejected a few Hollywood projects, giving a reason that the movies demanded physical intimacy and kissing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment