Search

Monday 17 December 2012

I never got into the politics of the industry, says Madhuri Dixit!


Madhuri Dixit made her acting debut when she was 28, and since then she has always tasted success. The dancing diva of Bollywood has always enjoyed acting and tells that she kept herself far away from the politics of the film industry.

Madhuri Dixit told, “Being number one or number two never bothered me. I did not believe in all that. I had this in mind that whenever I go on the sets, I have to give my best. Whenever I gave a good shot that was a special moment for me.”

“I never got into the politics of the industry. I was always kept away from it and enjoyed being part of it,” further added Madhuri.

Madhuri Dixit became a name to reckon with after her performance in super hits like “Tezaab”, “Ram Lakhan”, “Tridev”, “Dil”, “Saajan”, “Khalnayak”, “Hum Aapke Hain Koun”, “Dil To Pagal Hai” and “Devdas”.

With some many good movies and commendable performances to her credit, the 45-year-old still looks the same and has always been very down to earth.

MAshuri told, “My family, their values and education have kept me grounded. I am not a frog in the well. There is a life outside the industry and I have always been very curious about it. I love meeting people and talking to them. For me it is not about ‘I, me and myself’.”

Now she will be seen back on the screen in Vishal Bhardwaj’s Dedh Ishqiya and Anubhav Sinha’s Gulab Gang.

Talking about the kind of movies being made these days, Madhuri told, “Some years back there was a demarcation of art films and commercial cinema but now it is not like that. Now the lines are quite blurred. Realistic films are made now and there are no over the top characters. Also the audiences have matured.”

No comments:

Post a Comment