Search

Friday 28 June 2013

I don't consider myself a playback singer, says Farhan Akhtar

Farhan Akhtar is not only a successful filmmaker and actor, but he can also sing. He has crooned songs like "Rock On!!" and "Tum ho toh" but tells he doesn't consider himself a playback singer, though he feels that singing enhances his performance in a film.

"I sing (in a film) only when I feel that any enhancement can happen in my performance in the film. I don't consider myself a playback singer," Farhan told on the set of singing reality show "Indian Idol Junior".

"For me, singing is one more aspect of enhancing my performance and I approach singing that way only," told Farhan, who was on the set to promote his upcoming movie "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag".

Farhan made his singing debut with 2008 musical "Rock On!!". He sang five tracks in the movie. Later, in the 2011 film "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara", he lent voice to two tracks -"Senorita" and "Toh Zinda Ho Tum".

His next acting film, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag", based on the life of former athlete Milkha Singh, releases July 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment