Search

Tuesday 4 June 2013

I was expected to sing rather than act: Neil Nitin Mukesh

Actor Neil Nitin Mukesh needs no introduction as such. But, here’s one anyway – he’s a grandson to Bollywood’s legendary singer Mukesh and a son to Nitin Mukesh, who’s a well-known singer too. As it runs in the family, Neil Nitin Mukesh was expected to sing as well. However, he chose a different path – acting.

Neil told, “People expected me to sing rather than act when I first thought of entering Bollywood.” Neil made his Bollywod debut as a child artist in Yash Chopra’s Vijay (1988). Neil went on to complete his Bachelors in Commerce from a college in Mumbai and then, decided to take up acting as his career, instead of singing. That, he’s connected to Bollywood, is no secret. But, the actor insists that he has made it on his own. “People did offer me a cup of tea but after that it was on my own. If they say that having a Bollywood connect helps get you roles then I have definitely not got any.”

Neil Nitin Mukesh made his Bollywood debut as an adult in the critically acclaimed Johnny Gaddaar in the year 2007 and was nominated for Filmfare’s Best Male Debut Award. He earned popularity post commercial success of his next, New York (2009) in which he played a supporting role. He did a couple of movies later on but, he hasn’t got his big break yet. The fine actor that he is, he is very choosy when it comes to scripts.

He will soon be seen in a movie titled ‘Shortcut Romeo’. Neil is passionate about bikes and electronics. “I also love editing and so I installed the new FCP software on my computer. I also love composing music and recently bought a medicontroller with which, I can program music and compose newer tunes.,”

Neil Nitin Mukesh, who is coming up with another Bollywood film, ‘Shortcut Romeo’, had a passion for bikes earlier. But now he has shifted focus to electronics. He mentions how he bought a new camera which is water proof and so he is waiting to dip in the ocean and click pictures with his camera. “I also love editing and so I installed the new FCP software on my computer. I also love composing music and recently bought a medicontroller with which I can program music and compose newer tunes.”, Neil said.


Speaking to the newspaper, Neil told that he lives a very boring life and that, he’s not dating anyone. Previously, we had heard that Neil was dating Sonal Chauhan. Appears that it was all air and no substance! Bollywood Celebden wishes Neil good luck with his career!

No comments:

Post a Comment