Search

Monday 22 July 2013

My walk made me Dr. Dang of 'Karma', says Anupam Kher!



Anupam Kher discloses that it was his walk that got him the iconic role of Dr. Dang in Subhash Ghai's 1986 "Karma."

"I had gone for a party and I was walking towards my car. Subhashji saw me coming from one door to another door and said, 'Come to my office tomorrow'," the 58-year-old said at his acting institute Actor Prepares here.

"I was already asking everyone for work. So, next day I went to his office and he said, 'You are doing the main villain in my film'. I was surprised and I said I have never played such a villain before. He said, 'I saw you walk and I want my villain to walk like that'," he further added.

"Karma" starred yesteryear's megastar Dilip Kumar in the lead along with Nutan. Anupam was the key antagonist, Dr. Dang, in the action-drama.


Jackie Shroff, Anil Kapoor, Naseeruddin Shah, Poonam Dhillon, Sridevi, Dara Singh, Shakti Kapoor and Tom Alter formed the rest of the cast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment