Search

Monday 22 July 2013

Neha Hinge's thanks to Bhandarkar for film Luv U Soniyo!




Former Miss India International Neha Hinge, who is making her Bollywood debut with "Luv U Soniyo", tells filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar, who had seen her at a beauty contest, recommended her name for the movie.

She also admits winning a beauty peagant has helped her in grabbing the movie.

"If you have won a peagant, it becomes easier because your face is noticed, you get a platform where people recognise you. So there is a lot of visibility you get," Neha told here in an interview.

"So definitely Miss India (winning) helped me a lot as well. Somewhere down the line it has helped me grab this movie," she further added.

Neha won Miss India International crown in 2010.

"When my director Joe Rajan was looking for a face to play Soniyo (for the film), Madhur Bhandarkar was judging a sub contest 'Bollywood Diva' in Miss India peagant that I participated in and I won. So when Joe approached Madhur with the film, he suggested him my name and this is how I got the movie through Joe and Madhur," told the 27-year-old.


"Luv U Soniyo" releases July 26 and features yesteryear actress Rati Agnihotri's son Tanuj Virwani in the lead role. 

No comments:

Post a Comment