Search

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Veteran actress Waheeda Rehman 'not okay' with movie on her life!





Veteran actress Waheeda Rehman, who lately unveiled Nasreen Munni Kabir's book "Conversations with Waheeda Rehman", tells she is "not okay" if a film is made on her life.

The 76-year-old has featured in several Bollywood classics like "Solvaa Saal", "Pyasa", "Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam", "Bees Saal Baad' and "Guide", and she has regaled viewers with her graceful dancing skills over the years.

Biopics are a new trend in the Hindi film industry. So, asked if she would be fine with a film on her journey, she said, "I am (over) 75. Now it's a long journey...it has to be made in four parts. But personally, I am not okay with it."

"I am not fine with it and there is no reason (for it) as such."

In the last decade itself, the actress featured in films like "Rang De Basanti" and "Delhi-6". Now she is happy away from the screen.

"How much to work? We should give a chance to others as well. I don't miss anything...I am happy with myself. I travel a lot, read a lot, meet my friends, like to cook occasionally. I am satisfied with my life," told the veteran actress in an interaction at Sofitel, Mumbai.


She launched "Conversations with Waheeda Rehman", a longish interview exploring several aspects of her life and career, here Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment