Search

Thursday 29 May 2014

Karan Johar clears air about his fall-out with Imran!

Much had been made about Karan Johar’s fall out with his onetime blue eyed boy Imran Khan who had starred in three of his productions – I Hate Love Stories, Ek Main Aur Ek Tu and Gori Tere Pyar Mein. After the disaster of their last movie together, Karan is currently not doing any movie with Imran.

But, the filmmaker rubbishing the rumors of a tiff between him and Imran Khan and insists, “Imran and I are very close and I am very fond of him. I am close friends with both Avantika and Imran. Imran has a close association with my company. I will continue to work with Imran and I respect him a lot.”

The filmmaker also dismisses his absence from Imran’s recent baby shower as indication of their split. Karan points out, “Not too many people from the fraternity were invited for the baby shower.”

But controversies seem to hound Karan these days and not just on his gossipy TV show Koffee With Karan. His newest film Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya it is said is reminiscent of the 1990s classic Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. Karan declares, “DDLJ is the epic love story but Humpty … is not a copy of that film. It’s a different film. I was the assistant director with DDLJ. I have the best memories with this film.”

In the movie Alia will be seen playing a fan of Karan’s real life friend and constant professional collaborator, Kareena Kapoor. Karan gushes, “There is only one Kareena Kapoor and I am not only a huge fan of hers on celluloid I also like her personally. I am very close to her.”


So far Karan is not too happy at the two actresses being compared to each other. “Kareena and Alia are two different people. Kareena has created tremendous niche for herself and set the bar so high that it’s unfair to compare her with Alia,” he pronounces before prophesying, “Alia has her own charm and I am sure Alia too will make her own space.”

No comments:

Post a Comment