Search

Friday 27 June 2014

Former VJ Sophie’s sexy remake Raat Akeli Hai!


Actress and former VJ, Sophie Choudry along with Music director, singer and multi instrumentalist Raghav Sachar have come up with their version of the classic song Raat Akeli Hai with Saregama India Limited. What’s different about their version, however, is that they have created all the sounds including the percussion with their own voice!

That’s not all, seeing as Sophie is considered a style icon; Raghav thought they should play with sounds inspired by fashion and transcribe them into music! Everything from the heels of a sexy stiletto, the snapping of a bra strap, to the zipping up of leather boots, has been used while creating sounds for this song!

Sophie told, “I’ve performed the song in this past week’s Jhalak and received great feedback. Its been so much fun creating music from sounds that I hear in my day to day life while getting ready & we all know that Raghav is an incredible musician! Raat Akeli Hai is one of my personal favorite classic numbers and a really tough song to sing but whoever has heard it has loved it and vocally. I think Raghav has made me do a great job! We have had a lot of fun making the song, singing it and for me even dancing to it on the reality stage…”


Speaking about the song Raghav tells, “Raat Akeli Hai is a song that I have loved since my childhood. It has always had sensuality in it, even in the original. Sensuality and Sophie go hand in hand – she is beautiful and a fab singer. It was very interesting to have “fashion” as the basis of the video. I had the edit in my head before we started shooting which helped me direct it precisely to the point. We created an English section so that I could sing since it’s originally a female song. The lyrics and the section are very apt and flow well with the arrangement which is full of various live instruments. It’s great to have everything live and acoustic in today’s day and age.”

No comments:

Post a Comment