Search

Thursday 19 June 2014

I began auditioning like any newcomer, for two years, says Mohit Marwah!



Mohit Marwah of Fugly has impressive connections in movies – Anil and Boney Kapoor are his mamas and Sonam and Arjun are his cousins. But the newcomer was definite about not capitalizing on his starry connections; he wanted to strike out on his own.

“After I went to film school in New York, I shifted to Mumbai and began auditioning like any newcomer, for two years,” he tells. “I didn’t want to take any help from my family to get work in the industry — that’s the only way to do it. I had a dream and I chased it. I was very satisfied when I got Fugly on my own terms.”


At the same time Mohit is on friendly terms with his uncles and his cousins Sonam, Arjun and Rhea. He says, “We have been hanging out together since we were children. Rhea and I stayed together in US so we had our share of fun. Since my mother used to visit her brothers, I would end up meeting my cousins very frequently. Sonam, Arjun and I are different in our approach, thinking and behavior but we are one family. You will always see us standing beside each other, no matter what. I am on my own in Mumbai, slogging it out like any newcomer but all of us stay close by in Juhu.”


Despite his filmy background, acting was never Mohit’s first choice as a profession. “I spent my childhood in Delhi and hence did not get much Bollywood gossip. Only when my mother’s brothers came over, did we become aware. When I was in Class 12, I started looking at cinema as a career. I joined film school in the US and then assisted a couple of directors. And now, with Fugly, I am in Bollywood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment