Search

Thursday 19 June 2014

Rakhi Sawant turns producer with JAYJAYKAR!


After contesting the elections, item girl Rakhi Sawant is back in a new avatar. This time around, Rakhi has turned a film producer and also has a cause to fight for — respect for the LGBT community, who are the primary subjects of her debut production. The Marathi movie is titled Jay Jaykar and has veteran actor Dilip Prabhavalkar in the lead.

Rakhi tells heatedly, “When a transgender is born, he is given away … they have the right to live too! I have met homosexuals and transsexuals throughout my career. My film will make you realise how we have never thought of them. Are they not human beings? They are treated badly. This movie is my message to the citizens and will touch your hearts.”


The actress is glad that Jay Jaykar is not formula fare. “People may think that a movie that I produce will be full of masala. But this film has a beautiful message which makes me cry. At the same time, I would add that this is a completely commercial film.”


Jay Jaykar ran into problem with the censor board over a couple of words, and Rakhi fumes, “The censor board is strange. There are so many Hindi films with outrageous abuses that go uncensored. Here, they were trying to create problems for a couple of words.” The problem rose over words used in context to the LGBT community but it has actually been solved following a NOC from a registered LGBT association.

Rakhi claims that she has been a part of the film right since the first stage of its production but tells she has been busy with her election campaign till some time back. When she decided to turn producer, she admits, she was tempted to make the film in Hindi.

“I have been a part of Bollywood. When I wanted to get into production, the first thought was to do a Hindi film. However, then I thought over it. I am a Marathi girl and it was fitting to start with Marathi. After this, we are making a film in Bengali, Punjabi, Hindi and one even in Hollywood!” she tells with typical grandiosity.

But Rakhi’s not just talk. Her next movie is in Bengali and is already on the floors. It stars Prateik Babbar, Paoli Dam and Indraneil Sengupta.

Ask her if Rakhi the filmmaker will continue to do the item numbers, which brought her fame, the actress takes a stand. “I am an actor and will do films only as an actor. I will not do item number!” she ends the conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment