Search

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Thank god 'Himmatwala' flopped, says Sajid Khan!


Sajid Khan is pleased that his earlier directorial endeavor, Himmatwala failed at the box office.

He wisely assess, “You are looking at two different people now. Previously, I was fat, arrogant and a stupid person who made tall claims; and that is the reason why after Himmatwala I needed a mediclaim. Thank God, Himmatwala failed.”

Tracing his rise and fall he remembers, “People readily accepted me as a TV host. I was looking for people to respect me but they thought I wouldn’t be able to make a film. When Housefull worked, I wanted people to take me seriously as a filmmaker, When Housefull 2 also did well, I thought I had got it right and could never go wrong again.”

Himmatwala shook the confidence of the one-time braggart who was walking on clouds. But after being deflated both by critics and the box-office, he gathered his wits and said himself, “It is okay to make mistakes and move ahead in life.”

Now Sajid is back with Humshakals, in which Saif, Riteish and Ram Kapoor have a triple role each. Sajid tells this multiple-role idea had been germinating in his head during the Housefull days itself. The director discloses that he shared the idea with Riteish (“he is like my younger brother”) who told him that though the notion was good, it would be difficult to pull off.

But Sajid was convinced. He claims that every individual has eight humshakals (!) and has explored this interesting phenomenon in the movie.  He underlines, “It is not a lost-and-found story.”

And he has learnt his lesson ell. This time there are no Rs 200 crore claims like previously. Sajid laughs: “I don’t want to talk about figures; I am a filmmaker and not a box office person.”


No comments:

Post a Comment