Search

Tuesday 4 November 2014

I am not marketing-savvy and don’t believe in extensive promotions, says Akshay Kumar!

After the benchmark set by Shah Rukh Khan’s Happy New Year, the industry onlookers are now gunning for the forthcoming big-budget movies, including Akshay Kumar’s The Shaukeens which opens this week and Aamir Khan’s December release PK. They are hoping that these two biggies will at least match the success of HNY, if not surpass it.

Taking about energetic movie promotions that the Khans – Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir – are known for, Akshay Kumar admits he’s not that marketing-savvy and doesn’t believe in wide-ranging promotions, unlike some other Bollywood megastars.

During The Shaukeens promotions, Akshay disclosed, “I know it’s the order of the day. But I cannot do extensive promotion like other actors do for whatever reasons, be it wanting their film to earn the fastest highest collections ever or aiming to set new box-office record etc.”


He tells he can dedicate maximum “two weeks” for promotions. “Usually, I promote my film only for a week but if my movie’s marketing and PR team asks me to promote it for two weeks, I do it. I get bored of answering the same questions again and again. It can be very tiring.”   

No comments:

Post a Comment